The Current is seeking a revenue and partnerships director to grow and sustain Lafayette’s first nonprofit news organization.
The primary goal is to leverage The Current’s brand in news, events and civic engagement to develop sustainable revenue and seek like-minded partners to amplify our mission and impact.
The revenue and partnerships director will identify and deepen relationships with sponsors and partners — including local brands, businesses, foundations and civic organizations — and will spearhead efforts to increase The Current’s sponsorship and advertising revenues.
This position will also help produce events and assist with major fundraising campaigns.
Compensation and Benefits
$35,000-$45,000/year full time + performance based bonuses
(We would also consider a part-time/contract hire.)
Perks of working for The Current
- Flexible schedule
- Collaborative/creative work culture
- Paid professional development hours
- Generate leads for new sponsors and partners
- Create, coordinate and deliver pitches for sponsorships and partnerships
- Create a process for tracking and reporting leads and revenue growth
- Identify opportunities for sponsorship
- Pitch ideas for new content or events
- Assist with coordinating major events like the Undercurrent Awards
- Assist with annual fundraising campaigns
- Mission-driven and collaborative
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising, business management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with tools used to track and manage customer/audience relationships (e.g. Salesforce, Mailchimp)
- Proficiency with digital collaboration tools (Slack, Google Drive)
- Proficiency with presentation and collateral tools (Canva, Google Slides, Powerpoint etc.)
Nice to have
- Savvy about current media trends, particularly in news
- Some experience coordinating/managing events
- Conversant with ethical and professional standards in journalism
- Conversant with accounting, business management practices
Send your resume or inquiries to [email protected].