Cox and Lafayette General Health have partnered to help Acadiana residents get the latest information on the coronavirus pandemic sweeping the state.
Starting today (Friday, March 27), Cox customers can use their Contour 2 remotes to get the latest information from around the world and find tips to stay healthy. This is being done on a Cox video on-demand channel.
Cox customers should press the “Contour” button on their remote controls and scroll down to “Coronavirus Updates.” Additionally, Cox customers can say “Coronavirus” into their remote control to have the channel appear. In this tab, users will find:
- Local telemedicine options, including Health Anywhere
- Information from Lafayette General Health
- All news programs and sources related to coronavirus
- Newest updates from the Centers for Disease Control
- Newest updates from the World Health Organization
- Live and previously recorded programing regarding the coronavirus pandemic
“Cox is committed to keeping people connected to what matters most, whether it’s their families or important information to keep them safe and healthy,” said Leigh King, vice president for Cox Business Louisiana. “Our partnership with Lafayette General Health is one of many ways we’re working to serve our community during this unprecedented time.”
Cox Business and LGH have been working together for some time to come up with innovative solutions for some of the community’s most pressing healthcare options in an effort to create a smart healthcare system.
The content on Cox’s Contour 2 boxes is available to anyone who has Cox Contour 2 services.