What is The Current? We’re a nonprofit news startup. We focus on community-minded journalism that explores and explains what’s happening in Lafayette and why it matters. Since launching in 2018, we’ve made a name for ourselves with first-rate investigative journalism, community projects and engaging newsletters.
What is the role? The job is to build meaningful connections between The Current and our community. This half- or part-time position has three basic responsibilities:
- Grow The Current’s audience
- Connect us with our readers
- Connect our readers to each other
You will create and manage social media groups and pages, create and implement digital engagement projects, help us find ways to reach new people and coordinate events with our members and the public.
No experience is required but good candidates will be…
- Lafayette advocates
- Strong communicators
- Socially engaged, both online and in real life
- Familiar with social media tools (Facebook pages, groups; Instagram stories, etc.)
- Familiar with email marketing platforms (Mailchimp, Active Campaign etc.)
Bonus points for candidates who
- Have experience in media/communications
- Have basic graphic design skills
- Have experience coordinating events
- Have fundraising experience
- Devour news
This is a paid contractor position scaled at part- or half-time.
Send your resume and cover letter here: [email protected]