The Current is privileged to announce the first-ever class of Undercurrent Award winners. These six honorees have made big waves in our community, taking on some of the defining issues of our time.
Their service demonstrates selflessness, creativity and a vision for a better Lafayette. We’re excited to tell you more about them in the coming weeks.
From left to right:
- Jerome Moroux – Lead counsel for Move the Mindset in the suit to move the Mouton statue
- Dr. Britni Hebert and Stacy Conrad – Public health advocates and organizers of the Covid Vaccine Scheduling Hotline
- Clyde Gabriel – Advocate for voting rights and criminal justice reform
- Wendy Dorfman – Community builder and organizer of Downtown’s Pride Festival
- Kevin Ardoin – Creator of Zydeco Farms and Fightinville Fresh
An independent panel selected this group among more than 50 nominees. We’re proud this class will set the standard for future Wavemakers. They represent the best of our community.
The Undercurrent Awards is a celebration of Lafayette’s Wavemakers: those moving Lafayette forward from under the surface.
The inaugural event is scheduled for Nov. 4 at the Lafayette Science Museum. Tickets can be purchased here.